4.6.08

GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR SYL




Sometimes I have the feeling I am like Major Tom, the one in David Bowie's song. Sometimes I get the feeling that I need a voice (better if it's Bowie's) to tell me: "Ground Control to Major Syl, take your protein pills and put your helmet on". And I, as obedient as I can be (specially if Bowie asks me to be) would do so. Sometimes I have the feeling that i need to hear "Commencing countdown, engines on, check ignition and may Thor's love be with youTen, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five,Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff!", and then (and only then) I would be ready for everything and anything, I would dare to leave my capsule (or my good mood) (or my bad mood) and step through the door and float in a most peculiar way. Stars would look different even though planet earth is blue (because, actually, there is nothing I can do).




But no. There is no voice (sadly not Bowie's not anyone's) saying: "Ground control to Major Syl" before I start my trip (any kind of trip).




Anyway, for those of you who have no idea which song and which feeling I am talking about check this, hear this, feel this (and save the comments on his looks, it was 1969.

1 comentario:

Dalígula dijo...

Que rolonononón.