28.6.09

WALKING

Walking. See people walking. And walking. People gathering. For Walking. I am walking. See me, I am walking. I don't know anyone around me. Wish I did. Wish I was not walking by myself. But, you know, I am not walking for myself, I am walking for somebody else. Walking. As if walking would do.

Walking just walking.
Until there is a point where, I knew it, my body wasn't going to make it. So I had to stop. I stopped walking. Standing. Under a traffic light in a downtown street. An old street. Raise my head and I see walking and more walking and more walking. Stay there. See the walking. Then the clouds, the wind, the "is it going to rain?". The I see me walking, all the way back. Against my wishes, against everyone else's walking. And this feeling, this overwhelming feeling. My waist, back, leg yelling, asking me to sit it down. So I do, and the walking is in front of me. I have legs and knees crossing in front of me.

Oh, the walking.
Later at home, you must tell your dog that there will be no walking tonight.  

1 comentario:

Lety Llamas dijo...

Hola Sylvia!

Soy Lety... estaba en el taller de escritura... recuerdas?

Cual es tu mail?......... queria mandarte un escrito... en busca de comentarios.